Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chocolate Ice Cream cake...(not what you think!)

When I saw this online, I was so anxious to try it that I made it the same day. I must say, ice cream and cake (at least not in the 'traditional sense'--genius! It's like the best invention since the wheel ...or sliced bread even!
It came out very moist and yummy. The cool thing is, you can experiment with different ice cream and cake flavors. (I've heard that mint chocolate chip ice cream and chocolate cake are a big hit with some ....I'm tempted to try vanilla cake and dulce de leche ice cream....hmm--I wonder... :)


If any of you tried this recipe before, please share your ice cream/cake flavor combos!!! Click here to comment!

Ingredients:

  1. Box of cake chocolate mix (not the kind with the pudding in the mix)
  2. 3 eggs
  3. 1 cup of water
  4. A budnt cake pan, greased or in my case, thinly coated with a non-stick spray (such as Pam)
  5. 1 pint of ice cream, softened
  6. Large mixing bowl :)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees





















Mix water and eggs into cake mix.























Add ice cream, and beat everything together with a mixer for approx. 4 minutes.






















Bake in oven on 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Let cake cool in pan for a couple of minutes, and then carefully remove cake from pan.




















Suggestions: Serve with a dusting of confectioner's sugar, a thin icing, whipped cream, or the frosting of your choice. I had a small bit of chocolate icing left from a previous cake, so I melted about 1/2 cup of that in the microwave and drizzled (fo' shizzle) over the cake. (I know it wasn't a 'perfect'- looking drizzle but it will do...)





















So moist and yummy! Enjoy!























1 comment:

ashley said...

yummmm looks tasty!